mozilla :: #developers

18 Apr 2017
00:00pulsebotCheck-in: - Mike Hommey - Bug 1356994 - Add a top-level directory to the libdmg-hfsplus source tarball. r=ted
00:24pulsebotCheck-in: - Nicholas Hurley - Bug 1345094 - make http redirects to file:// uris work under e10s. r=mayhemer
02:00pulsebotCheck-in: - Makoto Kato - Bug 1352882 - Part 1. Add releasing nsIDocument option to recycle nsIDocumentEncoder. r=smaug
02:00pulsebotCheck-in: - Makoto Kato - Bug 1352882 - Part 2. Add test for RequiresReinitAfterOutput. r=smaug
02:00pulsebotCheck-in: - Makoto Kato - Bug 1352882 - Part 3. Cache nsIDocumentEncoder into TextEditor. r=masayuki
02:04dmajorcpeterson: is there a bug to make win64 tests not be off-by-default on try?
02:05dmajorseems like this should block the support-win64 bug
02:07philorprobably not, since the summary would be "When Win10-run-in-AWS replaces Win8, nobody will have made it off-by-default"
02:08philorso if you were going to block on something, it would be a best guess at the one that's the heart of Win10-in-AWS
02:26pulsebotCheck-in: - Luke Wagner - Bug 1356631 - Change LargeAllocationCallback to be process-wide (r=mccr8)
02:28philorsince you aren't supposed to do because it makes ok unused on beta_or_release, what are you supposed to do instead?
02:31philorwell, makes it unused on beta_or_release+opt
02:34philoralso? good thing we aren't merging 55 anywhere soon, since libstagefright breaks debug, so we pretty much only manage to build for debug SM shell builds
02:36pulsebotCheck-in: - L. David Baron - Bug 1307134 - Only flush in ancestor documents for window.mozInnerScreenX/Y. r=tnikkel
02:36pulsebotCheck-in: - L. David Baron - Bug 1307134 - Rename nsGlobalWindow::EnsureSizeUpToDate to EnsureSizeAndPositionUpToDate. r=tnikkel
02:39philornaughty gerald, that's your libstagefright bustage (forthcoming, in June, when we merge to beta)
02:43dbaronluke: is the JS build error on Mac from your push?
02:43* dbaron doesn't actually see the error
02:44geraldphilor: Would you have a bug or even error log handy, please?
02:44philordbaron: if you want to not see it in other pushes, there's a linux build and an android build on autoland, and an android build earlier on inbound, where you can also not see it
02:45dbaronphilor: are we just having intermittent compiler errors now?
02:45dbaron"Error 254"?
02:45philorgerald: no bug yet, just did my first 55-as-beta try push a few minutes ago, but the log is
02:46philordbaron: well, our current version of gcc is our current version because we were segfaulting the old version, no reason why we shouldn't silently explode this version
02:47dbaronphilor: well, the mac one is clang...
02:47geraldphilor: I see, thanks for the pointer. I'll open a bug and fix it ASAP.
02:48philorhmm, do they by any chance have sccache in common?
02:48philorburn *that* witch!
02:49philorgerald: thanks!
02:52pulsebotCheck-in: - Markus Stange - Bug 1346592 - When stopping the profiler, mark all ThreadInfos as not being profiled. r=njn
02:52pulsebotCheck-in: - Markus Stange - Bug 830990 - Stop dispatching CheckResponsivenessEvents when the profiler is stopped. r=njn
02:53pulsebotCheck-in: - Shu-yu Guo - Bug 1216630 - Print class source when calling toString on the constructor. (r=Yoric)
02:53pulsebotCheck-in: - Shu-yu Guo - Bug 1216630 - Rename preludeStart and postludeEnd to toStringStart and toStringEnd and misc fixes. (r=Yoric)
02:53pulsebotCheck-in: - Shu-yu Guo - Bug 1216630 - Unskip test262 class toString tests. (r=Yoric)
03:03philormstange: but, but, 'class ThreadInfo' has no member named 'StartSampling'
03:03mstangephilor: oh no!
03:04mstangeI made the change locally but forgot to re-push to review...
03:04mstangephilor: what happens now?
03:05ihsiao|sheriffdutyhmm, backing out
03:05pulsebotCheck-in: - Iris Hsiao - Backed out changeset 9d86f0c3ddd4 (bug 830990) for build bustage
03:05pulsebotCheck-in: - Iris Hsiao - Backed out changeset 1b277ae21ba5 (bug 1346592)
03:19pulsebotCheck-in: - Markus Stange - Bug 1356751 - Remove unused pref layout.frame_rate.precise. r=mchang
03:20pulsebotCheck-in: - Markus Stange - Bug 1346592 - When stopping the profiler, mark all ThreadInfos as not being profiled. r=njn
03:24pulsebotCheck-in: - DimiL - Bug 1296406 - Fix ReloadDatabase API fail in safebrowsing testcase. r=francois
03:24pulsebotCheck-in: - Fischer.json - Bug 1355795 - about:preferences#privacy is broken with browser.cache.offline.enable=false, r=jaws
03:27pulsebotCheck-in: - Ehsan Akhgari - Bug 1356838 - Reduce the hashtable lookup cost in EnsureGlobalPredictor(); r=nwgh
03:34pulsebotCheck-in: - Markus Stange - Bug 830990 - Stop dispatching CheckResponsivenessEvents when the profiler is stopped. r=njn
03:36cpetersondmajor: I didn't realize win64 tests were off by default on try! thanks for the heads up. I'll look into it, taking philor's info about Win10-in-AWS in mind.
03:38cpetersonphilor: do you have a bug # handy for win10-in-aws? (asking re win64 tests on try)
03:39philorcpeterson: nope, I don't even know if there's a single usable bug for it, since it's probably sprawling across releng and relops
03:40cpetersonphilor: is it an actual project in progress?
03:43philorcpeterson: yup, but I gave you the wrong second keyword with "AWS", I forgot they gave up on doing it as buildbot-on-AWS and went with the double-shot of Taskcluster, so is as good a tracker as any
03:45cpetersonphilor: cool. thanks!
03:50* philor should have known to look for more than one MOZ_DIAGNOSTIC_ASSERT(ok) before pushing to try again
03:58pulsebotCheck-in: - Edouard Oger - Bug 1265314 - Set tabs record lastModified to clients.lastModified. r=nalexander. a=gchang
03:58pulsebotCheck-in: - Grigory Kruglov - Bug 1352608 - Close a cursor after we're done with it r=eoger. a=gchang
03:58pulsebotCheck-in: - Drew Willcoxon - Bug 1353831 - OneOff block in search bar doesn't update text if Customize was opened at least once. r=florian. a=gchang
03:58pulsebotCheck-in: - Markus Stange - Bug 1354715 - Restore the right background color. r=spohl. a=gchang
04:27mstangefischer: Is there a way to check how much data a page is storing in IndexedDB?
04:32cpetersonmstange: devtools > settings > Default Developer Tools > enable Storage tab
04:33mstangecpeterson: that shows me the table data, but not the storage size in bytes, as far as I can see
04:34cpetersonhmm. yeah
04:34mstange(it also gives me a completely empty table on, but that's probably part of my problem)
04:35njnlayers.frame-counter enables a QR code in the top left of the main window? huh
04:36mstangenjn: one of BenWa's one-time experiments that was quite useful at the time but ended up not being developed any further
04:37mstangehe used the QR code to sync up a video recording with a profile, so that you could click a callstack in the time line and it would show the correct video frame for that point
04:37mstangea video recording of a Firefox OS phone, that is
04:37mstangerecorded with a camera of a different phone
04:38njnmstange: can we remove it? I think we don't need profiler_set_frame_number() if we remove it
04:38mstangenjn: sounds good to me
04:38njnmstange: ok, thanks
04:39pulsebotCheck-in: - JW Wang - Bug 1356502. P1 - let MediaDatra::GetEndTime() return a TimeUnit instead of ambiguous int64_t. r=gerald
04:39pulsebotCheck-in: - JW Wang - Bug 1356502. P2 - let VideoData::UpdateTimestamp() take a TimeUnit instead of ambiguous int64_t. r=gerald
04:47mstangeah. The directory <profiledir>/storage/default/ is 1.75GB big. That answers my question.
04:49pulsebotCheck-in: - Ray Lin - Bug 1270983 - Wait for media to being playing before pause check to avoid timeout. r=jaws
04:50pulsebotCheck-in: - DimiL - Bug 1329817 - Enable V4 lookups. r=francois
04:58pulsebotCheck-in: - David Parks - Bug 1326084 - Unbind accessible child doc before replacing with new one. r=trevor
05:29glandiumihsiao|sheriffduty: can you backout bug 1356933 from autoland?
05:30ihsiao|sheriffdutyglandium: sure, reason?
05:30glandiumihsiao|sheriffduty: invisible bustage
05:31glandiumihsiao|sheriffduty: invisible because somehow, the job that was supposed to be triggered by the same patch didn&#39;t happen
05:31ihsiao|sheriffdutyuh, okay
05:33pulsebotCheck-in: - Iris Hsiao - Backed out changeset 14010d77d56a (bug 1356933) for invisible bustage
05:51pulsebotCheck-in: - Nicholas Nethercote - Bug 1356249 - Fix assertion in profiler_set_frame_number(). r=mstange.
06:00pulsebotCheck-in: - tiago - Bug 986501 - Avoid unnecessary compartments on Sync startup r=markh
06:09gandalfdo we have generators in idiomatic mozilla c++?
06:14pulsebotCheck-in: - Gerald Squelart - Bug 1357279 - Make sure mRustTestMode is inside #ifndef RELEASE_OR_BETA - r=alfredo
06:22pulsebotCheck-in: - Valentin Gosu - Bug 1354349 - Add nsIChannel.isDocument that checks if LOAD_DOCUMENT_URI is set, or if LOAD_HTML_OBJECT_DATA and the channel has the appropriate MIME type r=mcmanus,mystor
06:22pulsebotCheck-in: - Valentin Gosu - Bug 1354349 - Use channel.isDocument in ContentParent::TransmitPermissionsFor r=mystor
06:26glandiumihsiao|sheriffduty: aha! fwiw, the bustage is hidden, but it&#39;s there, the jobs *were* triggered
06:27ihsiao|sheriffdutyoh I see
06:27glandiumihsiao|sheriffduty: I&#39;m actually relieved because if they hadn&#39;t run, that would be a big deal
06:28glandiumihsiao|sheriffduty: I don&#39;t know why they&#39;re hidden, though, they shouldn&#39;t be
06:29pulsebotCheck-in: - Alastor Wu - Bug 1348803 - part1 : move fennec-only code to android/browser.js. r=sebastian
06:29pulsebotCheck-in: - Alastor Wu - Bug 1348803 - part2 : modify event name to lower case letter. r=sebastian
06:32ihsiao|sheriffdutyglandium: it was because
06:32glandiumihsiao|sheriffduty: ... which was fixed
06:32ihsiao|sheriffdutyTomcat|sheriffduty: ^
06:33ihsiao|sheriffdutyglandium: yeah Tomcat|sheriffduty should we include the cctool test back?
06:33* Tomcat|sheriffduty looks
06:34Tomcat|sheriffdutyglandium: ihsiao|sheriffduty ok unhiding
06:34Tomcat|sheriffdutyjust give me a minute
06:34glandiumTomcat|sheriffduty: thanks
06:36Tomcat|sheriffdutyglandium: ihsiao|sheriffduty *should* be fine now when you reload treeherder
06:36ihsiao|sheriffdutycool, thanks Tomcat|sheriffduty
06:37Tomcat|sheriffdutyihsiao|sheriffduty: btw now we have the &quot;visible&quot; bustage from autoland i started pgo builds on autoland to merge then a clean tree
06:38glandiumTomcat|sheriffduty: doesn&#39;t appear on a shift+reload
06:40Tomcat|sheriffdutyglandium: yeah ..will file a treeherder bug
06:42glandiumihsiao|sheriffduty: fwiw, there&#39;s actually a hidden bustage on one of the mac cctools job. I&#39;m trying to pinpoint which of the recent changes broken it.
06:42pulsebotCheck-in: - nchevobbe - Bug 1356504 - Apply a default style for string. r=bgrins
06:46Tomcat|sheriffdutyglandium: filed bug 1357309
06:46Tomcat|sheriffdutyglandium: sorry for that
06:48glandiumTomcat|sheriffduty: np
06:52glandiumTomcat|sheriffduty: smells like cookies
06:52glandiumTomcat|sheriffduty: it works in a new container
06:52Tomcat|sheriffdutyglandium: hm ok
06:52pulsebotCheck-in: - Carsten &quot;Tomcat&quot; Book - Backed out changeset a28aa86d1ffe (bug 1354349)
06:52Tomcat|sheriffdutybut i guess it should work on defaul
06:52pulsebotCheck-in: - Carsten &quot;Tomcat&quot; Book - Backed out changeset ec9fb39f7133 (bug 1354349) for bustage
06:53glandiumhey, it works now in the tab it didn&#39;t work in
07:00glandiumjet|tokyo: thanks for the answer wrt gonk
07:14pulsebotCheck-in: - Henri Sivonen - Bug 1355493 - Tweak bufToHash() and reduce the number of pre-interned elements. r=wchen.
07:16jet|tokyoglandium: np
07:27glandiumihsiao|sheriffduty: I retract my statement that there was another hidden bustage. It all came from 1356933
08:08glandiumjet|tokyo: can we wholesale rm -rf b2g too?
08:09jet|tokyoglandium: I&#39;d prefer that as it makes for cleaner history. File a bug under the nukeb2g meta bug?
08:10glandiumjet|tokyo: fwiw, the tooltool manifests and mozconfigs under b2g have been a pain of mine in the recent past
08:10glandiumthey always show up when checking the consistency of those files, and there&#39;s no way to ensure they still are relevant
08:12gandalfthe l10n/intl refactor would also be easier since I never know what to do with the callsites in b2g/
08:12glandiumjet|tokyo: not sure what the right component would be for that... Core::Build Config kind of makes sense?
08:13jet|tokyoglandium: yes, same as bug nukeb2g
08:15rsachiraI&#39;m trying to fix the bug:
08:16pulsebotCheck-in: - Jan Varga - Bug 1350564 - Don&#39;t try to addref a null mResult in Request::GetResult and UsageRequest::GetResult (mResult can be null when mHaveResultOrErrorCode is true); r=btseng
08:16pulsebotCheck-in: - Marco Bonardo - Bug 1356285 - micro-optimization in richlistbox selectedIndex setter. r=enndeakin+6102
08:18rsachirato write a test for the bug #547423 I can&#39;t figure out how to generate a NNTP cancel message using NNTP fake server
08:20pulsebotCheck-in: - 54 changesets (bugs 16498, 1352262, 16489, 1350324, 1356799 and 29 other bugs)
08:21pulsebotCheck-in: - Markus Stange - Bug 1313977 - Don&#39;t round fractional mouse coordinates up, because doing so might push them outside the window. r=kats. a=gchang
08:21pulsebotCheck-in: - Masayuki Nakano - Bug 1349828 Smooth scroller of <scrollbox> should not try to scroll to outside of the range. r=mstange. a=gchang
08:21pulsebotCheck-in: - vincentliu - Bug 1350330 - Make sure IPC channel still Open before sending IPC message. r=dvander. a=gchang
08:21pulsebotCheck-in: - Ryan VanderMeulen - Bug 1347191 - Add support for NSIS 3.01 to moz.configure. r=mhowell. a=gchang
08:21pulsebotCheck-in: - Matt Howell - Bug 1351482 - Use NSIS 3.01 for buildbot jobs. r=mshal. a=gchang
08:21pulsebotCheck-in: - Zibi Braniecki - Bug 1356718 - Query gtk settings schemas to avoid crashing when schema is missing. r=jfkthame. a=gchang
08:21pulsebotCheck-in: - maliu - Bug 1354973 - Remove view before add to new ViewGroup, r=sebastian. a=gchang
08:21pulsebotCheck-in: - John Lin - Bug 1353459 - handle queueInputBuffer exceptions. r=esawin. a=gchang
08:21pulsebotCheck-in: - 31 changesets - merge mozilla-inbound to mozilla-central a=merge
08:23pulsebotCheck-in: - Marco Bonardo - Bug 1356567 - root icons should still create a page association if the domain differs. r=adw,kitcambridge
08:24hsivonenWhat&#39;s the correct way to re-request review on ReviewBoard after the reviewer has removed their nick from the reviewer field?
08:25hsivonenemptying the field, publishing the change and then putting the nick back in the field goes back to the state where ReviewBoard remembers that the reviewer has removed self
08:28Tomcat|sheriffdutyglandium: the backout for the cc tools bustage also landed on m-c now
08:29glandiumTomcat|sheriffduty: the bustage wasn&#39;t merge on mc anyways
08:29Tomcat|sheriffdutyok :)
08:37pulsebotCheck-in: - 56 changesets - Merge mozilla-central to mozilla-inbound
08:38m_kato_rsachira: ask #maildev channel
08:41pulsebotCheck-in: - 32 changesets - Merge mozilla-central to autoland
08:42rsachira@m_kato_ thanks
08:49pulsebotCheck-in: - Till Schneidereit - Bug 1346012 - Handle dead object wrappers in more places in Promise code. r=shu a=gchang
08:51pulsebotCheck-in: - Carsten &quot;Tomcat&quot; Book - Backed out changeset b7cdc8cfc61f (bug 1353459) for android test failures
09:17pulsebotCheck-in: - Martin Robinson - servo: Merge #16510 - Remove StackingContext::establishes_3d_context (from mrobinson:establishes-3d-context); r=jdm
09:28pulsebotCheck-in: - 17 changesets (bug 1210796)
09:29jhlinTomcat|sheriffduty: Just uploaded a new patch for bug 1353459. Please help uplift to 54. Thanks a lot and sorry for the trouble.
09:32Tomcat|sheriffdutyjhlin: seems the patch does not apply cleanly
09:32Tomcat|sheriffdutyapplying bug1353459.patch
09:32Tomcat|sheriffdutypatching file mobile/android/base/java/org/mozilla/gecko/media/
09:32Tomcat|sheriffdutyHunk #2 FAILED at 508
09:32Tomcat|sheriffduty1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file mobile/android/base/java/org/mozilla/gecko/media/
09:32Tomcat|sheriffdutypatch failed, unable to continue (try -v)
09:32Tomcat|sheriffdutypatch failed, rejects left in working directory
09:32Tomcat|sheriffdutyerrors during apply, please fix and qrefresh bug1353459.patch
09:33jhlinTomcat|sheriffduty: oops. Uploaded wrong patch again. :~
09:37ihsiao|sheriffdutyTomcat|sheriffduty: I think releaseduty is working on the m-a to m-b merge, not sure if we could do uplift to aurora now
09:44pulsebotCheck-in: - Patrick Brosset - Bug 1356873 - Insert inline text nodes between open and close tags; r=gl
09:47jhlinTomcat|sheriffduty: Could you please help uplift bug 1353459 again or do I have to request approval for beta?
09:48pulsebotCheck-in: - Gerald Squelart - Bug 1357209 - Add label=type-media to invoked webcompat URL - r=Gijs
09:48Tomcat|sheriffdutygchang: ^
09:49Tomcat|sheriffdutygchang: i think its too late to bring this into aurora now
09:49Tomcat|sheriffdutysince you sent the uplift mail
09:49Tomcat|sheriffdutyuplift/merge mail
09:51pulsebotCheck-in: - Jonathan Turner - servo: Merge #16390 - Add back in last keydown fixes (from jonathandturner:real_win_keydown_fix); r=jdm
10:01pulsebotCheck-in: - Olli Pettay - Bug 1354810, CycleCollectedJSContext::Get() needs to be null-checked, r=baku. a=gchang
10:01pulsebotCheck-in: - Timothy Nikkel - Bug 1355898. Rename flag SFE_WANT_FIRST_FRAME to SFE_WANT_FIRST_FRAME_IF_IMAGE to represent what it does better. r=jgilbert. a=gchang
10:01pulsebotCheck-in: - Timothy Nikkel - Bug 1355898. Use the first frame of animated images for texImage2d. r=jgilbert. a=gchang
10:01pulsebotCheck-in: - John Lin - Bug 1353459 - handle queueInputBuffer exceptions. r=esawin. a=gchang
10:02ihsiao|sheriffdutygchang: ^ pushed
10:03gchangihsiao|sheriffduty: thanks
10:17pulsebotCheck-in: - Carsten &quot;Tomcat&quot; Book - Backed out changeset 3bab94261ee0 (bug 1355898)
10:17pulsebotCheck-in: - Carsten &quot;Tomcat&quot; Book - Backed out changeset 076f4a79219b (bug 1355898) for bustage on a CLOSED TREE
10:37hsivonenIt seems we now build xml-rs via webrender dependencies. Do we also ship it or does it get LTOed away?
10:53Tomcat|sheriffdutymak: ping
10:58pulsebotCheck-in: - Carsten &quot;Tomcat&quot; Book - Backed out changeset eb94759f0fcf (bug 1356567) for test failures in own test
11:04makTomcat|lunch: pong
11:08makTomcat|lunch: ah I see it&#39;s about the backout. thank you, that test is just plain wrong and we didn&#39;t figure out so far :)
11:11pulsebotCheck-in: - Pu Xingyu - servo: Merge #16428 - layout: Floor to 0 when computing intrinsic sizes with box-sizing:border-box (from stshine:box-sizing); r=emilio
11:36pulsebotCheck-in: - Aneesh Agrawal - servo: Merge #16505 - Stop mach bootstrap from segfaulting (from aneeshusa:stop-mach-bootstrap-from-segfaulting); r=Wafflespeanut
11:38kevinjmikedeboer: are you here?
11:39mikedeboeryeah, on sick pto though...
11:40kevinjoh, so sorry. Probably why you haven&#39;t reviewed my patch yet....
11:44kevinjmikedeboer: hope you feel better :-/
11:53pulsebotCheck-in: - Rob Wood - Bug 1354296 - Add TC configs for new talos perf-reftest; r=wcosta
11:53pulsebotCheck-in: - Andrea Marchesini - Bug 1354599 - Implement DOMEventTargetHelper::KeepAliveIfHasListenersFor, r=smaug
11:53pulsebotCheck-in: - Andrea Marchesini - Bug 1354599 - Use of DOMEventTargetHelper::KeepAliveIfHasListenersFor in BroadcastChannel, r=smaug
11:53pulsebotCheck-in: - Andrea Marchesini - Bug 1354599 - Use of DOMEventTargetHelper::KeepAliveIfHasListenersFor in MediaQueryList, r=smaug
11:54pulsebotCheck-in: - Andrea Marchesini - Bug 1343172 - PBlob should not create a remoteInputStream if that already exists, r=smaug
11:58pulsebotCheck-in: - ffxbld - No bug - Tagging mozilla-aurora 09e97b55acb30be1f8e13b0f637f9cf152658799 with FIREFOX_BETA_54_BASE a=release DONTBUILD CLOSED TREE
12:07pulsebotCheck-in: - Aryeh Gregor - Bug 1353695 - Sometimes Enter is ignored in editor; r=masayuki
12:15pulsebotCheck-in: - 16315 changesets (bugs 1332785, 1328821, 1333002, 1331862, 1332544 and 6456 other bugs)
12:16pulsebotCheck-in: - Aryeh Gregor - Bug 1354060 - Put defaultParagraphSeparator default change behind pref; r=masayuki
12:16pulsebotCheck-in: - Henrik Skupin - Bug 1356000 - Ensure unwrapped content listeners catch errors. r=ato
12:23pulsebotCheck-in: - L10n Bumper Bot - no bug - Bumping Fennec l10n changesets r=release a=l10n-bump CLOSED TREE
12:27pulsebotCheck-in: - Cameron McCormack - Bug 1356601 - Don&#39;t force computation of a Variables struct when animations are involved. r=dbaron
12:38Fallenmhoye: ping
12:54pulsebotCheck-in: - Marco Bonardo - Bug 1357366 - Avoid a possible crash loop in Places Database corruption handling. r=past
12:59pulsebotCheck-in: - Jan de Mooij - Bug 1356822 - Fix IonBuilder::jsop_bindname to pass the global lexical to the IC in the BINDGNAME case. r=evilpie
13:19mhoyeFallen: Yo
13:19mhoyeMeeting in 10, what&#39;s up?
13:19Fallenmhoye: should we already be clicking want to mentor for gsoc if we&#39;ve made a choice?
13:19mhoyeCan&#39;t hurt.
13:20Fallencool thanks!
13:20pulsebotCheck-in: - Ted Mielczarek - Bug 1354216 - fix cctools-port build scripts on a CLOSED TREE. r=mshal a=NPOTB
13:22mhoyeWe sent in our request numbers yesterday; we expect to hear back from Google with our allotment ... I think at the end of the week?
13:24pulsebotCheck-in: - Mike Hommey - Bug 1357328 - Remove media/webrtc/signaling/test/ r=jesup
13:25pulsebotCheck-in: - Do Gottwald - Bug 1356904 - Remove border and background fallback styling from numberbox.css. r=nhnt11
13:37pulsebotCheck-in: - Johan Lorenzo - Bug 1352477 - taskgraph ignores run-on-project for fennec-nightlies r=aki a=release CLOSED TREE
13:40pulsebotCheck-in: - Marco Bonardo - Bug 1356567 - root icons should still create a page association if the domain differs. r=adw,kitcambridge
13:45pulsebotCheck-in: - Johan Lorenzo - Bug 1357409 - [push-apk] Remove push-apk tasks on mozilla-aurora r=Callek a=release CLOSED TREE
13:54pulsebotCheck-in: - Johan Lorenzo - Bug 1357409 - [push-apk] Remove push-apk tasks on mozilla-aurora r=Callek
14:10pulsebotCheck-in: - Eugen Sawin - Bug 1346042 - [1.0] Mutex-lock LibHandle direct reference management. r=glandium
14:10pulsebotCheck-in: - Anthony Ramine - servo: Merge #16514 - Add extra pointer-events values for Gecko (fixes #16397) (from nox:pointer-events); r=upsuper
14:25Tomcat|sheriffdutyaswan: ping
14:25aswanTomcat|sheriffduty: hi
14:25Tomcat|sheriffdutyhey aswan we have a perma failure on beta after merging
14:26aswanuh oh
14:26Tomcat|sheriffdutyaswan: it seems its rleated to : [task 2017-04-18T13:42:22.898459Z] 13:42:22 INFO - Console message: 1492522764050addons.xpiWARNAdd-on is not correctly signed.
14:26aswansure does
14:27Tomcat|sheriffdutyaswan: filing a bug now
14:28aswantrying to figure out how that got in
14:30aswanTomcat|sheriffduty: i have to get the kids off to school, should be an easy fix when i&#39;m finished with that, but that will be another hour or two, if you want to disable until then that&#39;s fine by me
14:30pulsebotCheck-in: - Geoff Brown - Bug 1276813 - Retry mozharness failed downloads more persistently; r=armenzg
14:31Tomcat|sheriffdutyaswan: oh thats fine, beta tree is closed for merge day so its ok that this will be fixed soon :)
14:31Tomcat|sheriffdutyaswan: also filed bug 1357419
14:31Tomcat|sheriffdutyaswan: will needinfo you and inform the team that the error will be handled
14:35RyanVMmhowell: woot, confirmed that our Beta54 builds are using NSIS 3.01 \m/
14:37mhowellRyanVM++ Thanks for getting that uplifted
14:38pulsebotCheck-in: - Tom Klein - Bug 1350737 - Make the selected tab&#39;s row the first visible row when the tabs tray opens. r=sebastian
14:44pulsebotCheck-in: - Edouard Oger - Bug 1354738 - Don&#39;t force Sync initialization on context menu open. r=markh
14:45pulsebotCheck-in: - Jeff Walden - Bug 1350613 - Don&#39;t repeatedly create DateTimeFormat instances for the exact same set of options, but instead use cached formatters. r=markh
14:46pulsebotCheck-in: - Edouard Oger - Bug 1355481 - Avoid initializing Sync on window unload if Sync is not configured. r=markh
14:48Tomcat|sheriffdutyRyanVM: ++
14:48Tomcat|sheriffdutyRyanVM: i guess project dawn makes uplift simulations easier
14:49pulsebotCheck-in: - ffxbld - No bug, Automated HSTS preload list update from host bld-linux64-spot-302 - a=hsts-update
14:49pulsebotCheck-in: - ffxbld - No bug, Automated HPKP preload list update from host bld-linux64-spot-302 - a=hpkp-update
14:49pulsebotCheck-in: - ffxbld - No bug, Automated blocklist update from host bld-linux64-spot-302 - a=blocklist-update
14:50RyanVMTomcat|sheriffduty: i don&#39;t know about easier per se (other than only having one simulation to run), but it does at least make them more important IMO
14:51Tomcat|sheriffdutyRyanVM: yup definitly
14:51pulsebotCheck-in: - ffxbld - No bug, Automated HSTS preload list update from host bld-linux64-spot-305 - a=hsts-update
14:51pulsebotCheck-in: - ffxbld - No bug, Automated HPKP preload list update from host bld-linux64-spot-305 - a=hpkp-update
14:51pulsebotCheck-in: - ffxbld - No bug, Automated blocklist update from host bld-linux64-spot-305 - a=blocklist-update
14:51RyanVMTomcat|sheriffduty: that said, I&#39;m still not sure about the best way to actually make them a more official part of the process
14:52RyanVMi.e. how to surface results in a way that&#39;s not totally confusing/misleading
14:52pulsebotCheck-in: - ffxbld - No bug, Automated HSTS preload list update from host bld-linux64-spot-303 - a=hsts-update
14:52pulsebotCheck-in: - ffxbld - No bug, Automated HPKP preload list update from host bld-linux64-spot-303 - a=hpkp-update
14:52pulsebotCheck-in: - ffxbld - No bug, Automated blocklist update from host bld-linux64-spot-303 - a=blocklist-update
14:52RyanVMI&#39;m almost wondering if having a different tree on TH (mozilla-beta-simulation or something) would make sense
14:54Tomcat|sheriffdutyyeah or beta-simtry or whatever
14:55RyanVMbut I do think we&#39;ll want to have it independent of Try both from an automation standpoint and for the ability of making better use of in-tree configs (since we have special casing for Try in our in-tree configs)
14:57pulsebotCheck-in: - Chris H-C - bug 1353295 - Remove addonHistograms from Telemetry r=Dexter
15:19bsmedbergrhelmer, ping
15:19bsmedbergor chutten maybe you know: can I tell from the telemetry environment whether an addon is a webextension?
15:20* chutten thinks
15:20* chutten checks the docs
15:20* rhelmer looks
15:20chuttenAccording to, no
15:21bsmedbergor to put it the way I care about: I want to run an analysis pass on only people who are using webextensions (or no extensions)
15:21bsmedbergto see how that affects jank numbers
15:21chuttenactiveAddons have id, blocklisted, description, name, userDisabled, appDisabled, version, scope, type, foreignInstall, hasBinaryComponents, installDay, updateDay, signedState, isSystem
15:21chutten&quot;type&quot; will be &quot;extension&quot; for both types
15:22rhelmeryeah, we need isWebExtension
15:22chuttenbsmedberg: even getting a &quot;no addons&quot; cohort is tricky, as you need to skip system addons, webcompat, some others, non-&quot;extension&quot;-type addons...
15:22bsmedbergchutten, got sample code?
15:22rhelmerchutten: for those isSystem is true
15:22pulsebotCheck-in: - Tom Tromey - Bug 1348419 - Use thread_local on XP_WIN and XP_MACOSX; r=froydnj
15:23bsmedbergchutten, I&#39;m going to file a quantum P1 bug and I think you&#39;re the right person to own it. If not, ping me.
15:24chuttenbsmedberg: sample code for identifying &quot;has addons, but no not those why would you count those&quot;?
15:24chuttenIt&#39;s a little old, but it checks out:
15:24pulsebotCheck-in: - Jim Mathies - Bug 1344907 - Fire observer events informing front end about changes in input method (touch vs. pointer input). r=masayuki
15:24bsmedbergyeah that ;-)
15:25bsmedbergThose should all be isSystem
15:26chuttenMaybe I was doing it the hard way all along
15:26pulsebotCheck-in: - UK992 - servo: Merge #16464 - Upload zipfile of Windows nightly build (from UK992:upload-nightly); r=larsbergstrom
15:27ehsan_bsmedberg: ping
15:27bsmedbergehsan_, pong
15:27rhelmerbsmedberg: chutten: so we should add isWebExtension to the addon data in TelemetryEnvironment.jsm - in the meantime I think there isn&#39;t a great way to see in telemetry environment if an addon is a webextension or not, other than having a list of IDs+versions from AMO...
15:27chuttenOh wait. bug 1232222 was fixed only last February, so I was doing it the old way.
15:27ehsan_bsmedberg: can you rejoin the vidyo room?
15:28ehsan_bsmedberg: Eglington?
15:28ehsan_Eglinton, sorry
15:28rhelmerchutten: yep :_)
15:28* rhelmer is a little lopsided in the morning apparently
15:29chuttenrhelmer: Would there happen to be a field as useful as &quot;addon.isSystem&quot; for isWebExtension?
15:30rhelmerchutten: no I think we need to add it in - it&#39;s not being sent right now
15:30chuttenI mean on the addon data returned by getAddonsByTypes